Weatherden Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Weatherden Ltd of 264 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7DY, United Kingdom. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number A8220660.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
General, aggregated, demographic, and non-personal data (such as aggregated anonymous information about your usage of our website www.weatherden.co.uk (“our site”)). This will not be linked to any of your personal data, through cookies or other means, without your consent.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, along with your name, email address, telephone number and other contact details.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
2. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
3. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
4. E-MAIL MARKETING AND NEWSLETTERS
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about potential business leads similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form or page on which we collect your data. You can also opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by following the directions contained in the e-mail to unsubscribe, or by contacting us at [email protected]
Please note that we will use personal data provided by you to contact you via e-mail about service-related announcements, changes to our app or policies, or other service or administrative-related matters. Please note that you cannot opt-out of such communications.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, or the sale of an individual website owned by us, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganisation, or sale.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.